<span class="highlight">Satellite</span> TV and <span class="highlight">Internet</span>

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:57
ThreadID: 50803 Views:2228 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Anyone out there know if you can use the Satellite dish for the internet and the free to air satellite TV.
My internet is bordernet and I have the dish for that and was hoping for the TV to work from the same dish.
Thanks for any help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mr Fawlty - Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 at 14:03

Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 at 14:03
In a word - NO I don't think you could. The frequencies are different, and the snout of the Dish would need to be changed. Not sure of the satelite either, C2 is the TV one and it would depend on who's satelite your ISP has their transponder. Of course I don't have a clue about all this but I thought I'd answer anyway....
AnswerID: 267956

Reply By: ferris - Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 at 22:06

Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 at 22:06
Gaz,

Firstly you need to find out if your internet is coming from the C 1 satellite, presuming you're talking about the Optus service for tv.

Secondly your LNB has to be compatible between both signals - not likely.

There are satellite systems that will change from satellite to satellite, but I don't know if it would be compatible in your situation.

It probably can be done, but would probably involve a lot of mucking around, and you're going to have to talk to a satellite expert. Even though they're ugly, 2 separate dishes is probably going to be the easiest and cheapest way to go. Have a look through the yellow pages for a satellite dealer, and if you have any luck, perhaps you could post back here.
AnswerID: 268060

Sponsored Links